Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default How do i put a cell reference in an If Function? ASAP

Putting the result in quotes makes it a text string. just use

=IF(H5150,H5*15%,...)

In article ,
Robbie wrote:

I have a set of data rangeing from $1-$1000 and my professor wants us to use
the IF function to determine the shipping rate based on the amount of money
from $1-$1000. I am using an IF function and the problem that i ran into was
that i when determining the shipping charges for over $150, he wants us to do
15% of the total cost. So for the IF Function i have,
=IF(H5150,"H5*15%",.........)
the thing is that when the charge is over $150, it displays in the cell
"H5*15%" instead of refernceing the cell and multiplying it by 15%.......for
Excel 2003

any suggestions...THANKS SOOO MUCH