JulieD

Hi Steve

=SUMIF(Sheet1!$D$1:$D$100,"Leaflet",Sheet1!$G$1:$G $100)
should work

if you still can't get it to work, could you copy & paste the exact formula
you're using.

Cheers
JulieD

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I have a sheet which has three columns - well, several, but these are
the ones which are important here :) -

D = "Responding to:" this will be 'Advertisement', 'Leaflet' or
'Campaign'

F = "£Weekly rate"

and

G = "£Arrears"

On sheet 2 I want to be able to sum the arrears by 'responded-to'-type,
ie, sum items in sheet 1, column G if they responded because of the
Leaflet.

I'll also then do a similar thing for an average weekly rate by
'responded-to'-type.

Trouble is, I can't see how to get SUMIF to work here.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Steve