Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Sara Hopkins Sara Hopkins is offline

Default Break Link cause Send Error Report

I have an Excel 2003 file with 4 tabs. Sheet4 is a roster - dates and names.
The first of the date is sourced from Sheet1, the names on the roster are
sourced via data validation drop down boxes to dynamic named ranges on Sheet2
and Sheet3. On Sheet1 is a button with a macro behind it that publishes the
roster - basically it copies Sheet4 to a blank workbook and breaks the links
to the original workbook. Works beautifully in 2003.

However, when I try in on XP (2002) - the macro gives an Send Error Report
to MS error. When I try to do the macro steps manually, it errors again when
I break the links (Edit | Links | Break link btn | Break Links btn).

There's no error message or number - just Send Error Report to Microsoft.

Has anyone seen this before? Got a fix for it?

BTW it does the same thing if I save it down to Excel 2002 and then try it.