Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John K. John K. is offline

Default Override a Formula

I am unfimiliar with macros, can you explain how I would need to setup an
onchange event macro or a button to set the value when the right date meets
the criteria?
--
J.K.

"Martin Fishlock" wrote:

Hi John:

What is the right date?
How is it determined?
Who decides that the date is the correct one?

A few options:

Use an onchange event macro.
Use a button to set the value when the user confirms.
Use an if statement:

=if(today()date(2007,1,1),"after","not yet)

or

=if(today()a1,"after","not yet)

or

if (b1a1,"after","not yet)

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"John K." wrote:

Is there a way to freeze or override a formula in a cell when the correct
information
is in the cell. The formula I have in the cell is to find a correct date,
when the right day comes along. I down load new information everyday to this
spreedsheet. I would like the Date to freeze when the formula picks it up.

Thanks
--
J.K.