Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] agrandstaff@hotmail.com is offline

Default Issue with Ranking

I have a simple table, two columns A and B. In B1:B40 I have a list of
names, in A1:A40 are a list of numbers sorted from highest to lowest.
Ultimately what I'm trying to do is to get a ranking of the top 5
scores but, when there is a tie (duplicates in A) to take the names in
B next to the duplicate scores and Concatenate them in C. I've tried
using Rank, Vlookup, using Excel's FILTER and none of them work for
what I'm trying to do. My thought is to try to find a function that
will look through the numbers in A and when it finds duplicates
concatenate the matching names in a cell in C but as Vlookup only
returns one result it isn't working. Anyone have any ideas?