Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Macros crash, "Not enough memory"

To prove there was not a bad spot in the code, I took the two macros at the
end of the string where the program crashed, and moved them away up forward
so they would be processed early...........the program processed them just
fine, and still failed in XP when it got to the point where the old macros
were.....failing on the new macro that is now in that position.....The
problem is not the code.......the code runs fine in Me

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All.........
I have an Excel file with a BUNCH of macros. The file basically takes a
downloaded database as an Excel file and imports it and massages it and
Autofilters sections of it out to 15 different sheets.......the external

file
is about 1.5MB and the entire combined thing is a little over 3MB, so it's
not really huge. Problem is on this 864MB/512MBRAM machine here at work,

the
program crashes near the end and gives Out of Memory error. The same file
runs fine on my 1.2GB/512MBRAM machine at home, and even on my

366MB/160MBRAM
laptop.

There is 1.7GB free on the HD of the problem machine, and nothing in the
TrashBin......no other programs running......only difference that I can

see
is the problem machine is on the network at work. The home machine is on

wireless LAN, and the laptop is independent. I get the same results on

the
problem machine using XL97, 2000, and 2002.

Any ideas would be appreciated..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3