Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Summing numbers in a list when they meet a critieria in another co

Try this *array* formula:

=AVERAGE(IF(H1:H5=1,C1:C5))

--
Array formulas are entered using CSE, <Ctrl <Shift <Enter, instead of the
regular <Enter, which will *automatically* enclose the formula in curly

Just revise the C1:C5 to E and G for averages of the other 2 columns.
--

HTH,

RD

"Russell" wrote in message
I need to be able to sum numbers in several columns and then calculate the
average of each of these summed columns. But I Only want to sum the numbers
where a 1 exists against that row of data. I have columns of dates and then
the time differences between the various dates in days. The dates signify
dates in a process. I need to calculated the averages of the various time
differences, but only where the whole process is complete. So I have a
column
at the end with a "1" in it when that row has all data entered. Example of
what I have is (time diff is guessed here):

Col 1 Col 2 Col 3 Col 4 Col 5 Col 6 Col 7 ..... col
8
1/3/06 2/3/06 1 12/4/06 40 16/4/06 4 1
2/4/06 5/4/06 3 29/4/06 24 5/5/06 6 1
5/6/06 8/6/06 3
0
3/7/06 5/7/06 2 16/7/06 11 20/7/06 4 1
20/7/06 24/7/06 4 29/7/06 5 0

I only what the averages for columns 3, 5 & 7, when there is "1" in Column 8

If there is not a simple way using formulae, can I just sum and then calc
the average by filtering on column 8 - I can't seem to do this either

Russell