Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Chickering Charles Chickering is offline

Default Automatically calculate days between dates

If you want to specify a particular month something like this might work:
=Min(30,Today()-A1)
Where A1 holds the date of the first day of a month.
--
Charles Chickering

"A good example is twice the value of good advice."

"JerryS" wrote:

This may be simple but I can't figure it out. I want to see a number each
time I open a particular spreadsheet that is calculated based on the number
of days that have passed from the first day of the month. I don't want to
have to enter todays date, that should be automatic. Since today is the 9th,
I want a value of 9 calculated so I can use it in other formulas. In
addition, once the number of days has reached 30, I want the calculation for
that month to stop. An ideas? Thanks
--
JerryS