Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ExcelUser123 ExcelUser123 is offline

Default Display TRUE / FALSE Instead Of 1 / 0

The formula is =D540 where D54 is a the NPV of an investment being evaluated
in a finance model across multiple years.

I understand how to write the IF statement to generate the text values of
"TRUE" or "FALSE".

I am trying to determine why this formula on my Desktop computer results in
a display of TRUE or FALSE (logical values not text) and on my Laptop
computer it results in a display of 1 or 0. Both machines are running
identical installations of Office 2003 in XP. I looked at display options,
formatting, styles, etc. but cannot find anything that explains the
difference.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experience?

"Domenic" wrote:

In article ,
ExcelUser123 wrote:

How do I make the result of a true/false formula display as TRUE or FALSE
instead of 1 or 0?

Can you post the formula?