Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JohnJack JohnJack is offline

Default summing an array of cells absolute value

On Feb 9, 9:28 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
try
=max(abs(b5:b200))

them yourself.)

And you can't use the whole column unless you're using xl2007.

=====
Or maybe...
=if(count(b5:b200)=0,"No Numbers",max(abs(b5:b200)))
(still array entered)

JohnJack wrote:

In quattro, the formula )) would return the maximum
of the absolute values in cells B5 to B200. I am having troubles
finding a function in excel that will do this

basically returning the max of an arrays absolute values. I know I
can create another column doing the individual absolute values and
just take the max of that, but I would think excel would have a
similar function.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jack

--

Dave Peterson

Thanks a ton. the ctrl-shift-enter thing worked. Just as a side note,
why does excel require you to do this?
Jack