Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Calculations

Randy

If all is well when you open Excel in Safe Mode then when not in safe mode,
something is opening with Excel that turns off the calculation.

You have unchecked all add-ins?

You have cleared all from your XLSTART folder? Note: there can be more than one
of these in your account.

You have cleared the path at ToolsOptionsGeneral "At startup, open all files
in"?

A format of your HD is a bit drastic, I believe.

Gord

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:47:00 -0800, Randy
wrote:

Hi Niek and thank you for your response....I have viewed the site you
provided to no avail...still not calculating. Funny thing is I can open Excel
in "safe" mode and all works great. If I open normal, no calculations....go
figure...well I'm just about at my wits end with this whole thing...unless
anyone else has any other ideas I may just force to open in safe mode until I
get a chance to format my hd and start over!