Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MMcQ MMcQ is offline

Default count text values and return most common occurence

I actually have the words in the column as well as them colour coding based
on conditional formatting, can I do it using the text?

"Dave F" wrote:

Excel doesn't have a built in way of counting cells by color. You can
however use macros to do this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Dave

"MMcQ" wrote:

I have a column with the values red, amber and green.
I want to count the values and in the calculation field, show the value
which occurs most frequently.
e.g.
amber
amber
red
green
amber

the calcualtion field should return amber