Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default "ifs", "ands" & "vlookups"

Not any shorter, but just another way to look at it

=CHOOSE(SUMPRODUCT(--(I20=VLOOKUP(H20,A:C,{2,3},FALSE)))+1,"Remediate" ,"Minimum","Superior")

"Bigfoot17" wrote:

I am getting all of my "ifs", "ands" & "Vlookups" real confused on this one.
Any help is appreciated.

Here is what I would like to be able to do in J20 in sentence format:
[1] Find the value of H20 in A2:A11 (it will always be one of these values)
and use that row in the following
[2] If I20 = value of Column C in the row found, Return "Superior" else
[3] IF I20 = value of Column B in the row found, Return "Minimum" else
[4] Return "Remediate"

A B C
1 Min Sup
2 11 38 48
3 12 29 39
4 13 23 33
5 14 20 30
6 15 19 29
7 21 18 23
8 22 11 16
9 23 5 10
10 24 5 10
11 25 5 10

I hope my explanation makes sense. My head hurts. Thanks