Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
amsterdam-quick amsterdam-quick is offline

Default importing numbers from html-charts

How can I select numbers from a HTML web-based financial chart (I.E. the
Gainskeeper type used by Scottrade and E-Trade), copy a single column and
import it into EXEL with PASTE SPECIAL and then add the entries without
getting the answer "0" and/or the error code: #VALUE! ?

Apparently the numbers must be stripped of previous formatting, but how? It
is possible just to enter one number at a time and reformat to "text", then
add them but it is infinite laborious. A thousand thanks! What is the secret
to select columns in the above charts?