Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default may be SP!

There's usually more than one way to accomplish a goal in XL, and
elegance is in the eye of the beholder...

The two functions are very similar. My formula using arithmetic
operators may be a bit more efficient than using ISNUMBER(MATCH(...)),
but they get to exactly the same result. OTOH, if it is more efficient,
it's possibly offset by my having used DATE() functions rather than the
implicit string conversions in --"<date". So seems like sixes to me...

In article om,
"via135" wrote:

i am able to get the result..but Bob's function seems to be elegant..!