Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default specify cell selection in a marco

If you can select the range first, it might make it simpler:

Sub Uppercase()
Dim x as Range
' Loop to cycle through each cell in the specified range.
For Each x In Selection.Cells
' Change the text in the range to uppercase letters.
x.Value = UCase(x.value)
Next
End Sub

chubach wrote:

I found a useful macro online but it only selects cells A1:A5 and I need to
modify it so I can select a range of cells by highlighting them, and then run
the macro. I tried to delete part of the syntax but just get error messages.
The macro I have now is:

Sub Uppercase()
' Loop to cycle through each cell in the specified range.
For Each x In Range("A1:A5")
' Change the text in the range to uppercase letters.
x.Value = UCase(x.value)
Next
End Sub

Can anyone fix this for me?