Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default excel 2007 extememly slow on chart

Interesting, thanks.

It seems XL 07 still has some kinks to work out!

Dave

"JLatham" wrote:

Dave, just for further info - the chart I mention in response to the OP just
has a lot of data points, period. The data is nothing but an 11 x 800 matrix
of numbers: no formulas, no links, no functions, just numbers (in scientific
notation as 1.04E04)

The machine is pretty quick: AMD X2 4800+ (dual core) and it's maybe 15%
slower than the Intel E6600 Core-Duo setup I have, which also suffers the
same slowdown from even the simplest action like changing an X-Y scatterchart
line width or color.

"Dave F" wrote:

Hard to say what the issue is without know what your computer set up is, and
what the data is.

What's your computer's RAM? Processor speed?

Does the data contain a lot of volatile functions?

Etc.

Dave

"sam" wrote:

Very frustrated with this problem.
I have about 1000 data points and insert a chart (any type, such as line,
bar, or scatter) from those data, then I go "format axis" to change the
minimum or maximum from "auto" to a specific number. Afther that, whenever I
click on the plot, excel will stop responding for a couple minute. I am
dealing with large data every day. This is killing me.