Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ITMasterA ITMasterA is offline

Default How do widen columns in a column chart?

Double click column and adjust the GapWidth property on the series
option tab.

Also check the categroy axis is not being plotted as true dates as this
will leave big gaps between non consectutive dates.
Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On Axis tab set x axis to
Category.

"ITMasterA" wrote:

I tried the other suggestions posted, but it still doesn't work. I have 5
columns that are pretty narrow and I would like to have them 3x wider with a
very small gap in between the columns. I put the x-axsis to category, but I
still can't widen the columns. I am not sure if the chart being copied from
PowerPoint would make a difference.

Thanks