Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Fill bar/column charts with patterns in Excel 2007?

Also, in Excel 2007, use cannot customize the data points in a chart (e.g.
scatter chart).

Could you elaborate? Excel 2007 charting may have some shortcomings, but I
don't think this is correct.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jian" wrote in message
Yes, the patterns are useful. Many papers are still published in black and
white. Though some of the patterns are not distinguishable, most of them
are.
Also, in terms of cost, printing black and white with a laser printer is
much
cheaper than printing color pages with a color printer.

Also, in Excel 2007, use cannot customize the data points in a chart (e.g.
scatter chart).

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Excel 2007 doesn't use these patterns anymore. Did you really find them
useful in Excel 2003? They printed at such a fine resolution that
different
patters were indistinguishable from one another.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Jian" wrote in message
Is there anyway that I can fill a bar/column chart with patterns as I
can
do
with Excel 2003?

I know that MicroSoft removed this feature in Excel 2007. But I don't
understand why they do it. Lots of academic journals prefers black and
white
charts than shaded or charts with gradient. Also, it's hard to tell one
series of data from another series if they are printed in black and
white.

Any help is appreciated.