Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default changing text to date format

If you don't understand, then I suggest that you look up those functions in
Excel's built-in help, or on the web at
David Biddulph

"mcamp" wrote in message
That worked like a charm! I don't understand a word of it but thanks a
ton!

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-6),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,6),2))

"mcamp" wrote:

I have an excel file that contains text cells which need to be
formatted to
dates some are single digit months and some are double digit (3042006
11051999 1012001) etc. I need to figure out how to convert these dates
into
a standard date format. I am importing them into my computer system
which is
seeing them as julian dates the way they are being imported now. I
need them
to be mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy format.
--
mcamp