Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Can I have different column widths below each other

For printing see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote in message ...
If it's just the appearance of the output you want to alter you could
import the data into a word document table. You could do this either by cut
and paste or a direct link to the Excel file (although I can't remember how
after many years).

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

I'm afraid you can't.
A column width is the same for the entirety of the whole column.
You can give the "appearance" of part of a column being wider by one of
two methods
Merge cells - as you have already done, but beware because merge cells has
a nasty habit of "biting" you when you want to do other things.

Or
Mark a range of cells, FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontalCentre across
Selection.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dizzy Des" wrote in message
I want to have different column widths below each other on the same
worksheet, I have tried highlighting the block of columns I want to
change &
specifying the different width but it changes all the columns above &
below
the columns I want to change. Some of the columns I want to change are
made
up by merging cells to make a wider cell.