Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel file name with [Group] at the end

Look at the sheet tabs at the bottom of the screen.
Rightclick on one of the grouped sheets and and select Ungroup Sheets.

Almost any changes you make to a sheet's that grouped with others is made to the
other sheets in that group. You may want to inspect your data looking for
problems.

Grouping sheets is a nice way to update common cells (headers???). But it can
be dangerous if you don't ungroup those sheets when you're done.

KarenI wrote:

Hi, a normal excel file suddenly aquired [Group] at the end of the file name
and various cells have become associated from sheet to sheet.

I have never seen or heard of this particualr feature before and have
created it accidently. Having achieved this I can't get rid of it.

The effect is that when I update a cell on one sheet it updates some cells
with the same data on another sheet, quite unwanted by me.
I normally acheive this same effect using a formula (when I want to!) which
is easy to detect and delete. I can't see what I have changed in the cell to
undo this [Group] link.

--

Dave Peterson