Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

Default Help with Lookup(), VLookup

With those values in the range D26:E29, I used this formula:

=INDEX(D26:E29,MATCH(MAX(E26:E29),E26:E29,1),1)

Substitue the whole range you're looking at for D26:E29
Substitute the range of the numbers you want the max of for both E26:E29s
Substitue the column within the array for the last 1 in the fomula, if it
isn't the first column (Column D in this case).

"Phil" wrote:

I have some data in one sheet similar to this:

100.0 2.2
200.0 3.1
300.0 1.9
400.0 2.8

On another sheet, I want to find the maximum value for column 2; i.e. 3.1
(which I can do) and then I want to find the corresponding value in column 1,
i.e. 200.0.

Can someone tell me how to get this?

Thanks,

Phil