Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Updating Indirect Reference(s)

Excel's INDIRECT function must have the referenced workbook open.

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/

That includes =INDIRECT.EXT function which does not require the workbook to be
open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:59:02 -0800, Sunrise TG <Sunrise
wrote:

I have a workbook with indirect references for vlookups into other workbooks.
The indirect reference is not recognized as a link when I open the
spreadsheet and does not update. I must open the referenced spreadsheets for
the vlookup to work. This is monthly budget data, so by December I'll be
opening 72 workbooks (and Enabling macros for each one). Any way to have the
indirect reference be seen as a link?