Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Office applications will not run

Fred

Have you tried going to Control PanelAdd Remove Programs and selecting Office
2002(XP) and "Change"

Wait for Windows Installer to prepare then "Reinstall or Repair"

Have your CD ready to plop in if asked for it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 02:21:53 +0530, fred07
wrote:

I am using Office XP including outlook 2002, when I attempt to run these
applications I get a message:- outlook.exe or winword.exe or excel.exe
bad image followed by; DLL C:\program files\common files\microsoft
shared\office10\mso.dll is not a valid windows image. If I click on
this twice it then displays; The operating system is not presently
configured to run this application. I have already repaired windows xp
and ran SP2 with all updates, I am assuming this is a windows problem
and would really appreciate some help to get these applications
running. By the way I cannot uninstall office or outlook. Regards to
all who may respond, fred07