Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
NormD NormD is offline

Default Excel 2007 graph limits

OK, you got me with this one! I understand interleave, but have never done
that in Excel. I gather there is a way to define a series with, say, with
every other point? They there would be two series, for example. I don't
know what selecting the range would be like and how Excel would handle that,
would it still complain about the total range, not recognizing the includsion
of every Nth point.

Re doing the trend line in the spreadsheet and plotting the line, my
response is "Duh!" Of course! You're absolutely right. Guess I'm too close
to the problem!

"Del Cotter" wrote:

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
NormD said:
I've not tried it, but perhaps several 32K series can follow one another so
at least the graph looks continuous. However, if one is trending that
presents a problem between series.

You could do the trending in the spreadsheet and then plot it in the
graph.

It occurred to me that intead of following one another in two continuous
ranges, you might arrange to have them interleave, say one series
showing the even hours and one showing the odd ones. The you could have
them be subtly different shades to show up the hours, and do away with
the need for vertical gridlines.

--
Del Cotter