Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default SUMIF/OFFSET Query

This should get you YTD-copied to right
=SUMPRODUCT(($H$3:$H$13="producta")*$I$3:I13)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Neil Webber" wrote in message
I have what on the face of it appears that it should be quite straight
forward but I'm struggling! I've tried using the SUMIF & OFFSET functions
but
can't achieve what I'm looking for

I have a list of data in cells A1:D6 within 1 spreadsheet
Jan Feb Mar
ProductA 10 11 13
ProductB 15 10 5
ProductC 9 8 20
ProductA 1 2 3
ProductB 7 8 9

Within a second spreadsheet I have my report as follows

Month Year to date
ProductA
ProductB
ProductC

What I want to be able to do is define what the month is within a cell
(perhaps February=2 or "Feb") & for the report to populate with the given
month & Year to date data.

Hence using the Feb example I would expect

Month Year to date
ProductA 13 24
ProductB 18 40
ProductC 8 17

As you can see there can be multiple records within a given month that
need
to be summed.

Can anybody help me please?