Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Count funtion in Pivot Table

Hi

If your column does have text "1"'s rather than numeric 1's and you want
to leave this as your CF is based upon these text values, you could add
another column to your table and make it
=--(A1)
or whatever the column letter is for these values.
Copy down as required. Give the column header a name.
This will turn text values into Numeric's
Include this new column in your PT and Sum by this column

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Aussie Mick F" <Aussie Mick wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to use a pivot table to count the results of a IF statement
which
has conditional formatting attached.

The if statement returns a "1" results if the column date falls within
specified date range. The conditional formatting then assigns this
cell a
certain colour. I would like to input this data into the Pivot Table
along
with other row data in order to report on it.

Currently when I do this Excel takes every cell as having a value due
to the
IF statement / conditional formatting. I have been able to calculate
the
total number of cells in the column which contain a "1" value by doing
SUMIF with a VALUE field for the "1" but I don't know if I can do this
with
the Pivot Table.

Hope that all made some sense. Any ideas on how to include this data
in a
pivot table?