Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Beep accompanying My Message Box

Actually, I think that this is a windows setting

I could use Control Panel|Sounds And Audio Devices
and modify the Windows Question Event to turn off the associated sound.
(Like you already did!)

But I like the sound <vbg.

I guess the OP could do the same thing--but this setting is a pc setting--not
something that excel will control.

Jim Cone wrote:

Dave,
They all beep except for the one with the question icon.
I have the hearing ability of a doorknob. <g
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

Sub TestMe()
MsgBox "huh", vbInformation
MsgBox "huh", vbExclamation
MsgBox "huh", vbQuestion
MsgBox "huh", vbCritical
MsgBox "huh", vbYesNo
MsgBox "huh", vbAbortRetryIgnore
MsgBox "huh", vbRetryCancel
MsgBox "huh", vbOKCancel
End Sub

"Dave Peterson"
wrote in message
It beeped for me (and my dog like hearing!)

Jim Cone wrote:

A MsgBox with the Question button is quiet...
MsgBox "Did you check Cell B1 ?", vbQuestion
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"JMay"
wrote in message
I just entered into one of my spreadsheet modules:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
MsgBox "Check Cell B1 - For Correct Month #"
End Sub

Now as I activate the (same) sheet I get (at no additional charge)
this "BEEP" << How can I disable this annoying sound?

TIA,

--

Dave Peterson

--