Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dawg House Inc Dawg House Inc is offline

Default Using Pivot Table to Display Filtered Data Only

OK, I'm trying to do the following:

I have a spreadsheet with the sample columns: Region | Country | Cust_Seg |
Classification | twelve more columns

Since Excel won't let me filter on more than two items using auto filter,
I'm trying to utilize a pivot table (so I was told) to display the data I
want. In short, I want the user to be able to select 0, 1, or many (even all)
Regions and or Countries and or Cust_Segs and or Classifications (all the
combinations) and display the other twelve fields as well with their related
data.

If I could use the auto-filter to allow them to pick/filter more than two
items using the "custom" feature, then this would not be a problem. Also, I
don't need to see any totals, counts, products, etc for the final results.
I'm not even sure a pivot table is the answer (I don't think it is), but I've
been directed twice by coworkers to consider "the pivot table". While they
are great for summary information, totals and the likes, I don't think
they're going to give me the answer I want. Are they??

Pivotal Decision Awaiting on Pivot Tables,
JCH
--
Dawg House Inc.
"We live in it, therefore, we know it!"