Gord Dibben

Gerry

Can use macro for changing the Title Bar.

Note: does not stick between sessions so must be re-done when Excel opens the
workbook.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.Caption = " "
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.Name
End Sub

Right-click on the Excel logo at top left of Menubar and select "View Code".

Paste in there.

Save the workbook.

I would suggest you place this code in your Personal.xls so's it changes the
setting each time Excel is opened.

There are a few other settings for the Title Bar if you are interested.

Don't ask me how to get rid of the Excel Logo.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:21:13 -0800, Gerry_gas
wrote:

Can I change what is displayed on the task bar from "Microsoft Excel...." to
the workbook file name?