Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Aussie Mick F Aussie Mick F is offline

Default Count funtion in Pivot Table

I'm trying to use a pivot table to count the results of a IF statement which
has conditional formatting attached.

The if statement returns a "1" results if the column date falls within a
specified date range. The conditional formatting then assigns this cell a
certain colour. I would like to input this data into the Pivot Table along
with other row data in order to report on it.

Currently when I do this Excel takes every cell as having a value due to the
IF statement / conditional formatting. I have been able to calculate the
total number of cells in the column which contain a "1" value by doing a
SUMIF with a VALUE field for the "1" but I don't know if I can do this with
the Pivot Table.

Hope that all made some sense. Any ideas on how to include this data in a
pivot table?