Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Adding a linear equation to my groovy scatter plot.

Reference to your column with the 0 and 4000 cells (E1:E2) goes in the "X
values", and the reference to the column with the two Y values (F1:F2) goes
in the "Y values" series. If you just click in the relevant series box for
the new series, then go to the sheet with the data and select the relevant
cells, it will put the cell references in automatically.
--
David Biddulph

"BigDaddyCool" wrote in message
I'm not sure I completely understand.

I want my line to run from x = 0 to x = 4000. Therefore, my corresponding
min and max would be:

min: y = 0.35592(0) + 0.1988939 = 0.1988939
max: y = 0.35592(4000) + 0.1988939 = 1423.8788939

Now, I did as you said and put these four values into my spreadsheet. I
have
the x min in cell E1, the y min in cell F1, the x max in cell E2, and the
max in cell F2.

So, what exactly do I put under "X Values: " and "Y Values: " when I add a
new Series?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Choose minimum and maximum X values for your new line & put them in one
column. Calculate corresponding Y values from your equation and put them
in
the next column. These then form the X and Y series to add as your new
series to the chart.
--
David Biddulph

"BigDaddyCool" wrote in message
I have a scatter plot chart that plots eight different coordinate points
and
it looks really awesome. I also have done some calculations to my data
and
have a linear equation of y = 0.35592x + 0.1988939. I want to plot this
linear equation over the same chart as my scatter plot to show that the
line
and the scatter plots are very closely related. How can I do this? I
assume
you right-click on the chart and click on "Source Data" and add another
Series, but then what?