Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Adding a linear equation to my groovy scatter plot.

Choose minimum and maximum X values for your new line & put them in one
column. Calculate corresponding Y values from your equation and put them in
the next column. These then form the X and Y series to add as your new
series to the chart.
--
David Biddulph

"BigDaddyCool" wrote in message
I have a scatter plot chart that plots eight different coordinate points
and
it looks really awesome. I also have done some calculations to my data and
have a linear equation of y = 0.35592x + 0.1988939. I want to plot this
linear equation over the same chart as my scatter plot to show that the
line
and the scatter plots are very closely related. How can I do this? I
assume
you right-click on the chart and click on "Source Data" and add another
Series, but then what?