Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default charting non-contiguous data

Running out of weeks, since the last day goes into IV21.

Ideally, you would set up a contiguous chart data range in another sheet, or
in another part of this sheet, which links to the discontiguous data. The
problem is that the individual cells of your chart data are stored as a
sheet name and cell address in the series formula, taking a dozen or more
characters per cell, and you only get around 250 characters for X and 250
for Y.

You can easily use index or offset formulas to extract the data you need:

In cell B41, for example, use one of these:

=OFFSET($B$21,0,(COLUMN()-2)*5)
=INDEX($B$21:$IR$21,(COLUMN()-2)*5+1)

and fill across to BA41.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Tom" wrote in message
Hi all,
Can someone tell me how to add non-contiguous data to a chart. My data is
in
B21, G21, L21........IR21. Ideally, the chart would auto-update to include
data as it is entered on a weekly basis.

Thanks!