Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Excel 2002 VLOOKUP Weird

Post the formula you're using.

As to attaching files: most people will not open such attachments due to
concerns about viruses. And most people prefer that discussion be kept
within the discussion groups so that other people who have similar issues may
use the discussion group archives as reference.

Dave

"TRJ" wrote:

The attached Excel 2002 workbook contains 2 sheets:

(I'm new here and could not see how to attach the xls file. How do I attach
or can I email to a respondent?)

Master - Is our Master Plant List;
Project - For creating project specific Plant List based upon filling in
Column A & B.

History:
1) Workbook with only Master worksheet received from client;
2) Added Project Worksheet and formulas in columns C-M;
3) Enter data in columns A and B - all is well.

4) Receive new Master from client (unsorted rows).
5) Copy contents of old Project worksheet to new Project worksheet in new
workbook (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V);
6) Extract data from application (AutoCAD) consisting of multiple rows of
"material, quantity" (Column A, Column B) to text file;
7) Open txt file as new file with Excel and create pivot table to summarize
data;
8) Copy-Clip data from pivot table to Cell A2 in Project worksheet.

In the attached workbook, on the Project worksheet you see rows of red text.
After step #8 above, columns C-M of these rows were #N/A.

I then did Edit Links Break (the sheet was still linked to the original
workbook (step #1 - #3).

At this point, the rows that are red, went from #N/A to their correct values
and the rows that are blue are now #N/A. ZP & ZPE both appear in the lookup
table.

I've spent a few hours Googling this and have read ALL about "hidden
characters" and "phantom links" but I have been unable to resolve this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Jones
Palm Coast, FL

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?