Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TRJ TRJ is offline

Default Excel 2002 VLOOKUP Weird

The attached Excel 2002 workbook contains 2 sheets:

(I'm new here and could not see how to attach the xls file. How do I attach
or can I email to a respondent?)

Master - Is our Master Plant List;
Project - For creating project specific Plant List based upon filling in
Column A & B.

History:
1) Workbook with only Master worksheet received from client;
2) Added Project Worksheet and formulas in columns C-M;
3) Enter data in columns A and B - all is well.

4) Receive new Master from client (unsorted rows).
5) Copy contents of old Project worksheet to new Project worksheet in new
workbook (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V);
6) Extract data from application (AutoCAD) consisting of multiple rows of
"material, quantity" (Column A, Column B) to text file;
7) Open txt file as new file with Excel and create pivot table to summarize
data;
8) Copy-Clip data from pivot table to Cell A2 in Project worksheet.

In the attached workbook, on the Project worksheet you see rows of red text.
After step #8 above, columns C-M of these rows were #N/A.

I then did Edit Links Break (the sheet was still linked to the original
workbook (step #1 - #3).

At this point, the rows that are red, went from #N/A to their correct values
and the rows that are blue are now #N/A. ZP & ZPE both appear in the lookup
table.

I've spent a few hours Googling this and have read ALL about "hidden
characters" and "phantom links" but I have been unable to resolve this
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Randy Jones
Palm Coast, FL

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?