Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Mike is offline

Default The IF function but with 3 values

=IF(I7<2,"3.5",IF(I7=2,3.2,IF(I7=3,2.8)))

The above will give the answer you want but are you sure your logic is
correct. What happens between 2 and 3?

" wrote:

Hi

I have a cell that generates an age in years from a date of birth in
another cell. 1, 2, 3 etc,

The age is displayed in L7

In another cell I need one of three prices based upon that age in
L7

Under age 2 should return a price of 3.50
Aged 2 should return a price of 3.20
And 3 and above should returna price of 2.8

I have tried playing with the IF function but just cannot get it to
work

Hope you can help. Thanks in anticipation