Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Josh UK Josh UK is offline

Default Calculating time and negative time

Hi, I am trying to work out hours to carry over to the next period. They
could be negative hours. I have been having difficulty with the TOTAL and am
currently using the ABS formulae. I have changed the calculation formula to
1904 date system.

I have 2 questions:

Q1: What formula do I use to calculate B5?
Q2: If B5 is a negative when I link cell to next sheet will B3 calculate
negative number correctly?

Balance of hours brought forward from previous period 1
14:10:00
Total Hours worked in current Period 2 49:40:00
TOTAL formula: ABS(B1+B2) 3 63:50:00
Contracted Hours for Period (fortnight) 4 70:00:00
Balance of hours carried to next period 5
?

Would really appreciate some help - have been reading the discussion board
and trying different methods for hours!