Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nat Nat is offline

Default Converting a spreadsheet into a "fillable" PDF form

Thanks to all who replied. I will play around a bit in Adobe to see how to
pick and choose which cells are fillable. I will also do a search for
fillable pdfs as Gord suggested.

Nat

"Brazil" wrote:

Good way to start is to first convert your existing excel form to pdf and
then open the resulting pdf in Adobe Designer. From there you can tailor
fields as your requirements dictate.
--
Best,
-HB

"Nat" wrote:

Quick question for all. I know how to convert spreadsheets to PDF, as we
utilize various versions of Adobe professional. Will be testing 8.0 shortly,
however I have a simple question (I hope). In our organization, there are
over 500 forms created; many of which are either Excel or Word format. A lot
of these forms have formulas in the cells to perform mathematical functions.
When the user converts the existing spreadseet, to PDF, I want to make sure
that they will still be able enter data into certain cells in the new PDF.
My question is where is this enabled? Is there a setting in the original XLS
file, or is it somewhere in the new PDF file?

Thanks for any assistance,
Nat