Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
verkade verkade is offline

Default unique values within groups

On 6 feb, 12:20, Mike wrote:
select your range of data, then

Data - Filter - Advanced filter and check unique records only

" wrote:
Hello,

I've got a query in excel from which I need the unique values in this
query. I've managed to find the way to find the total unique numbers
from this query (with the formula SUM(IF(INTERVAL(RANGE;RANGE)0;1)),
but I also want to find the unique numbers within a couple of groups
in this query. Does somebody knows how to do this?

For exampe, how do I find the unique values within the cities
Amsterdam and Rotterdam in the example beneath:

row 1 Amsterdam 443
row 2 Amsterdam 543
row 3 Amsterdam 643
row 4 Amsterdam 443
row 5 Rotterdam 543
row 6 Rotterdam 443
row 7 Rotterdam 443
row 8 Rotterdam 543

Amsterdam has 3 unique values, where Rotterdam has 2 unique values.

I hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Hans- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Hi Mike,

I know that's a possibility, but I need it in a calculation and then
this possiblity isn't the right way. Thanks for answering so quickly
though.

Hans