Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pa_broon74 pa_broon74 is offline

Default Macros, Buttons & the XLB file.

Hey folks.

Looking for some help with a custom toolbar, I have three macros
stored on one spreadsheet, its contained within the XLstart file as it
should be. I've assigned each macro a custom button on a new toolbar.
Apart from the fact that you can't seem to move an XLB file to another
user's PC succcessfully it also seems that this particular user's
instance of Excel isn't saving the toolbar preferences when excel is
closed. (I'm told that the XLB file is updated each time excel is shut
down.)

I'm not a code expert, I'd prefer not to have to record the macros
again. I suppose my questions are thus:

A: Why would the XLB file not be getting updated on excel closure?

and

B: Why with the existing XLB file when any of the buttons are pressed
do they try to open the spreadsheet containing the macros and not run
them. (The sheet is already open, it being in the XLstart file.)

Being as I am a somewhat simple person, I'd appreciate any simple
answers you might have to offer. (As would our IT department as I'm
considering throwing my computer out of a window :-)

Thanks.