Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default How to get current row-column?

The current_column and current_row would be the active cell and would result
in a circular reference.

Biff

wrote in message
ps.com...
Suppose in column D2 we have value:
SALES-OUT(CU) MTH/3/2006
I would like to have the data as:
01/3/2006
Therefore, I create a formula (after going thru excel help!):
=CONCATENATE("01",MID(J2,18,10))
This works. However, is it possible to make this formula more generic?
For example, instead of J2, I want to refer to current col and row,
something like combining the function row() with a function column()
(is there one?). Does this make sense? For example the following
formula would have been more generic (does not work):
=CONCATENATE("01",MID(get_current_column_and_row() ,18,10))
Thanks.