Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Prob with ChartSource DataData Range

Even with the single quotes, Excel should recognize 'G' as a sheet name. You
don't happen to have a defined name 'G'?

I just did this in a new workbook without any problem. What if you made a
new workbook?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"MikeZz" wrote in message
I'm making a dashboard type report and have my first chart linked to:
DataRange=E!$C$14:$G$21

I copied the chart and want to do is change the E to a G to reference my
other data sheet.

Problem is that after I hit "ok"
it changes =G!$C$14:$G$21 to ='G'!$C$14:$G$21
with the single apostrophes.

Because of that, it thinks the entire range is a data label.

This used to work but now it doesn't so I think I must have changed some
kind of setting somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Zz