Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Y-asix category with Multiple X-axis values

You need at least one numeric set of data; Excel cannot plot text as values.
I would suggest using 1, 2, 3, 4 as your KPC values, and use a number format
on your axis like "KPC "0, so the numbers look like KPC 1, KPC 2. etc. If
you need more detailed axis labels try one of these:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html

So your data could look like:
Company KPC Value
Company A 1 3
Company B 1 5
Company C 1 7

etc. Make a bubble chart, so the size of the bubble relates to customer
satisfaction or whatever the column labeled Value contains.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Trouvera52" wrote in message
I am trying to recreate a very cool chart with no luck. The chart has
categories on the Y-axis (think Key Purchase Criteria) with multiple
companies results in a (horizontal) line format (think Company A, B, C, D)
on
the x-axis based on values (customer satisfaction) 1-9.

So Data would look something like:

Category Company A Company B Company C Company D
KPC 1 3 5 7
9
KPC 2 4 9 7
8
KPC 3 2 5 9
4
KPC 4 5 8 2
3

The idea is to visually demonstrate where opportunities are to beat the
competition.

Anyone who can help with this is a SAINT!!!!!!
Trouvera