Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SAM SEBAIHI SAM SEBAIHI is offline

Default I am protecting my workbook, but it is broken when it is loaded by

Thank you,

"JMB" wrote in message
I don't have quattro pro either, but just want to mention that excel
passwords are easily cracked.

Furthermore, if the answers are in a hidden column on a protected sheet
(let's say column D) - I was able to select columns C through E and
copy/paste to a new (unprotected) sheet and unhide the column on this new
sheet to see the data that is hidden on the protected sheet. No cracking
required (XL2000 anyway).

I think the solution here is don't put the answers in the exam and rely on
XL protection.

"SAM SEBAIHI" wrote:

I have a protected Excel workbook that I send to my students, when a
student
opens it with a quatro pro and then saves it, the password would be set
to a
blank password this means when I receive it back from the student, I can
unprotect the sheet by just pressing tool/protection/unprotect without
entering my original or any password.

Note: I am sure that the student is not breaking the password becasue he
is
failing the exam :-)

Any idea how to overcome this problem??
Thank you in advance