Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default Conditonal Formula

I'd just included the "undefined" to cope with where the A12 input doesn't
meet any of your conditions, so it's only needed as an alternative from the
final condition. You can leave it out, if you wish, but in that case the
formula will return the result 'FALSE' if none of the preceding conditions
are fulfilled.
--
David Biddulph

"flyers5182" wrote in message
Thanks, that seemed to work. Should I include "undefined" in every
subsequent condition, or just @ the last condition?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

To correct the part you've got already, try
=IF(A12="WE",F12+170,IF(A12="OA",F12+140,"undefine d"))

If you have 10 sets of initials, try a LOOKUP formula, as IF will cope
with
only 7 layers of nesting.
--
David Biddulph

"flyers5182" wrote in message
I need the correct conditional formula for the following example:

If the A column is (a personal initials e.g. WE), I want Column G to
equal
Column F+170. If column A is different initails (e.g. OA), I need
Column
to equal Column F+140. The F Column is calender days (e.g. 3/10/07). I
have
searched the help topics and tried to emulate formulas from previous
similar
questions, but to no avail. Any tips would be great. The current
formula
have is (in cell G12):
=IF(A12=WE,F12+[170],IF(A12=OA,F12+[140]))

There are several conditions (10 initials total) What am I doing
wrong??