Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
john the confused john the confused is offline

Default how to create a chart from the source which does not have explicit

I am not sure what you want - is it a graph of how many yellow etc?

If it is then you can count the number of yellow with
=COUNTIF($B$2:$B$11,"yellow"), and then do the same for each colour and chart
from this information
--
John
MOS Master Instructor

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

" wrote:

Hi,

I am not very good wit microsoft excel...so any help is greatly
appreciated.

I need to create a chart with below mentioned data in two columns. The
chart should show the number of gaps in each bundle. (i.e Yellow -2,
Red - 4 and Orange - 1). Since the data is in the below format, how
can I calculate the number of gaps in each bundle and make a chart out
of it?

Gap ID Bundle
gap_01 Yellow
Red
gap_02 Orange
Red
gap_03 Red
gap_04 Red
Yellow
gap_05 Yellow
gap_06 Red
gap_07 Red

Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance!

Prasanna