Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam via OfficeKB.com Sam via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Return Unique Consecutive Duplicate Values across Single Row

Hi Ron,

Thanks very much for reply and further input.

Ron Coderre wrote:
The issue must be data related. Are there Blanks? Text?

No Blanks, text only in Row "1" .

Those are the only exceptions that throw errors in my testing.

With the data in A2:H11, this formula is durable against blanks, but not text

No text, although I did have a problem copying back my original Sample Data
using Data Text to Columns which created the #N/A errors but sorted now.

However, regarding my Sample Data and the Expected Results, I've noticed that
your Formula picks out Numeric Value 102 as a consecutive duplicate value in
the SAME column. It is a duplicate in the same column but NOT a consecutive
duplicate as described in my original post. It should not be included in the
results.

A11:
=LARGE(INDEX((FREQUENCY(($A$2:$H$8+COLUMN($A$2:$H $8)*1000),($A$2:$H$8+COLUMN($A$2:$H$8)*1000))1)*R OW($A$1:INDEX($A:$A,ROWS($A$2:$H$8)*COLUMNS($A$2:$ H$8)+1)),0),COLUMNS($A$11:A11))

Does that help?
or.... do you see anything else that may be an issue?

Numeric Value 102 is NOT a consecutive duplicate as described in my original
post. However, the Formula does incorrectly return Numeric Value 102. I think
this could be part of the problem and solution.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

Cheers,