Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
erhan erhan is offline

Default calculate min in col B subject to text in col A

http://www.flypicture.com/download/ODE0NDQ=
erhan_wks.JPG

formul is not solve. couse it seems like subject.

"erhan":

http://www.flypicture.com/download/ODE0NDQ=
erhan_wks.xls

A1,Sheet1

give error!

"Max":

Source data in Sheet1's cols A and B,
from row2 to say row100, items in col A, prices in col B

In Sheet2,

With the items listed in A1 down, eg: Pen, Paper, etc

Array-entered in B1 (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):
=MIN(IF(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100=A1,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$100))
Copy B1 down

A quick working sample for your easy ref:
http://www.flypicture.com/download/ODE0NDQ=
erhan_wks.xls

Your earlier "error" posted was probably due to incorrect or non array-
entering of the array formula. You should confirm that the formula is
correctly array-entered by looking out for the curly braces inserted
by Excel: { } within the formula bar. If you don't see the curly
braces, then it hasn't been done correctly, and needs to be redone.
--
Max
Singapore
On Feb 5, 8:45 pm, erhan wrote:
I need to calculate the min value in col A subject to text in column B ie;

A B
1 Product Price
2 pen 0.50
3 paper 0.70
4 pen 0.20

I cannot use DMIN because I need to do this calc in a different list, and i
am batteling with the criteria section of this function as I cannot refer to
two rows for header and criteria, I would like to specify criteria as -
"product"=A2 - for instance.

Please Help